Recipe of the Month
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 sticks celery
- 100gm lentils
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- A handful of chopped parsley.
- Saute the chopped vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and stock.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Add the chopped parsley.Blender with a hand blender until smooth.
Other vegetables can be included – it’s a great way to use up spare vegetables from an organic box.
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 250gms green beans
- 1 onion
- Handful of broccoli
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 4floz water
- Stir fry chopped chicken thighs for 3-4 minutes.
- Add green beans, broccoli and onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, turmeric and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve immediately with brown rice.